Kruglikov Sergey Vladimirovich
Kruglikov Sergey Vladimirovich, was born on August 10, 1967 in Minsk.
In 1989 he graduated with honors from the Minsk Engineering Air Defense Higher School, a degree in automated control systems. In 1998 he defended his PhD thesis in engineering. In 2001 he was awarded the academic title of Associate Professor. In 2013 he defended in Russia DSc thesis in military sciences. In 2014 he was elected as Corresponding Member of the Academy of Military Sciences of Russian Federation. Under his supervising 3 PhD students and 3 magister students have defended the thesis.
He has been engaged in research work since 1989. In the period from 1991 to 1994 he studied at postgraduate course of Minsk Engineering Air Defense Higher School. In the period from 1994 to 2015, he worked at the educational institution "Military Academy of the Republic of Belarus" in scientific positions, including the Head of the research laboratory, the Head of the research unit and the Deputy Head of the Academy for scientific work. From 2015 till 2016, he worked at the Geoinformation Control Systems Holding. From September 2016 he worked at the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (UIPI NASB) as the chief researcher and starting form 2017 – the Deputy General director. From April 2021 till March 2022 – he was Deputy director of “Giprosvyaz” company. Since March 2022 - General Director of the UIPI NAS of Belarus.
He is the author of 285 scientific papers, including: 9 monographs; 94 scientific articles; 57 research and development reports; 96 abstracts and reports at the conferences; 10 patents for inventions and utility models; 3 reference books; 1 textbook, 1 study guide; the methodology issued as a normative document.
The area of scientific interests of S.V. Kruglikov includes the development of concepts, methodological and scientific-methodological foundations for the design and operation of intelligent information and control systems for various purposes.
Main scientific and implementation achievements:
1. Under his leadership in the frame off the SKIF-NEDRA Union State Program several projects were developed:
- high-performance software tools introduced into commercial use at the Scientific and Production Center for Geology, “Belaruskali” company and “Belgorkhimprom” company;
- the SKIF-GEO-DPC RB cluster, included in the Top-50 list of the most powerful computing systems installed in the CIS and implemented in the State Supercomputer Center;
- personal cluster "SKIF-GEO-Office, based on domestic technologies. Such cluster in 2019 was bought by one of institutions of People's Republic of China.
2. He is an author of the first Belarusian pilot project “Krichev small smart town. Krichevsky district." The concept of the project has formed the basis of the “STANDARD CONCEPT for the development of smart towns in the Republic of Belarus”, developed by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization in 2019.
3. He was the supervisor of the research work "Development of the concept of "smart town" for the town of Orsha and Orsha district.
4. He was a chief designer of the scientific and educational network BASNET.
5. He was a chief designer of the system for automatic takeoff and landing of unmanned aerial vehicles, short-range unmanned aerial complex "Mosquito».
6. He was a scientific supervisor of the project to create an experimental sample of the integrated communication and identification navigation system based on the use of a software and information complex for decision support in terms of solving special problems of analyzing terrain properties (GIS-VN-M).
7. He is an author of the monographs “The Formation and Development of Digital Transformation and the Information Society (IT Countries) in the Republic of Belarus” and “Digital transformation. Basic concepts and terminology”.
8. He was a scientific supervisor of the Interstate Program for Innovative Cooperation of the CIS for the period up to 2020 “Development of the Infrastructure of Supercomputer Centers in the Interests of the Innovative Development of the CIS”.
In 2009 S.V. Kruglikov was given a personal salary supplement of the President of the Republic of Belarus for an outstanding contribution unto socio-economic development of the country. In 2018, he was the winner of the TOP 10 competition for fundamental research and development of a small-sized mobile supercomputer for processing large data sets and solving high-precision modeling and design problems.
S.V. Kruglikov is a member of the editorial boards of the International scientific and engineering journal "Information-Measuring and Control Systems" (Moscow), "Cybersecurity Issues" (Moscow), "Legal Informatics" (Moscow) and the scientific journal "Informatics" (Minsk) . He is honorary expert of the Institute of Advanced Technologies of the Academy of Sciences of the People's Republic of China.
He has State awards: the medal "For Impeccable Army Service" III degree (2003), the medal "For Irreproachable Army Service" II degree (2011).