Electronic models and methods of computer modeling and analysis of continuous medium streams to improve combine harvesters’ efficiency in grain cleaning processes
Developer company: The United Institute for Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Contact persons: the heads of the laboratory №220: A.M. Krot 284-20-86, mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, A.A. Kalinovskij 284-20-06, mail:email@example.com, V.A. Baldin 284-20-06, mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Product brief description:
- The computer technology and methods of modeling of the movement of air flows in a closed loop inside the fan were designed. Air circulation is carried out with the rotor with an air attached volume (which is based on aerodynamics calculations of the rotating grids) to identify stationary aerodynamic modes and rotary mechanisms work conditions;
- The electronic 3D-models of finite-element surface, subsurface and extensional computational grids have been developed. Also the Institute developed the electronic 3D-models of the movable extensional computational grids and their modifications of flow parts of the fan with the cleaning system rotor for numerical modeling of distribution of pressure and velocity field of the air flow in the technological path of the GLC-1218 grain combine;
- The electronic models of air flow in the modified turbine setting of the GLC-1218 fan have been developed (the influence of the deflectors on the output stream based on STAR CD package was taken into consideration);
- The electronic 3D-models of finite-element extensional computational grids of cleaning system turbine settings with fixed top and bottom GLC-1218 sieve boots have been designed. The designed models are based on aerodynamics calculations to make computer modeling of three-fraction grain mass flow.
- The computer technology and methods of modeling of three-fraction grain mass movement in the conditional air flow have been designed (based on aerodynamics calculations using two approaches: a) Lagrange multiphase flow model; b) a model based on the Euler method);
- The electronic models of the three-fraction grain mix (grain, part of straw and chaff) motion in GLC 1218 grain combine’s cleaning system have been designed. The model of air velocity distribution at the fan outlet at different rotor speeds based on STAR CD package has been designed;
- The electronic models of air flow and the flow of its particles in the cleaning system turbine setting along with the sieve boots in different positions on the basis of STAR CD package have been designed;
- The electronic model of the motion of three-fraction grain mass in air flow of GLC 1218 grain combine’s cleaning system has been designed (based on impulse value made by sieve boots’ impact on STAR CD package basis using two approaches: a) Lagrange multiphase flow model; b) a model based on the Euler method);
The developed method of computer modeling and analysis of flows of continuous medium inside cleaning system allows making relevant computer modeling of real modes of experimental design. The electronic 3-D model of air flow and three-fraction grain mass within the GLC-1218 cleaning system allows optimizing the parameters of the grain combine cleaning to ensure a given combine efficiency.
The distribution of the particles motion path (left), a ternary mixture of grain mass and streamlines (right) in GLC 1218 combine harvester cleaning system
Speed module distribution in the cross section (left) and the metering characteristics of the fan of GLC 1218 combine harvester cleaning system
Field of application:
- Reducing the time spent on the optimization of the cleaning system parameters by virtual testing of cleaning system model (model includes a rotary fan, sieve boots and a multi-phase grain mass model). The system ensures the reduction of design time in 3 times.
Reducing the material costs (up to 100 times) for development and production of the combine harvester with the optimal cleaning system settings.
Increasing of the grain weight combine’s capacity (up to 14 kg / s).
The time of choosing the cleaning system model using SKIF UIIP computational cluster and automation scripts reduces up to 100 times.
The calculation accuracy grows up to 40 times by increasing the total amount of the calculated finite-element mesh using SKIF UIIP computational cluster.
The system can be used for agricultural engineering. The developed method of computer modeling can be used in the development of cleaning, ventilation, heat and mass transfer systems. System implementing is effective both in large industrial plants and in small enterprises engaged in the development of new competitive industrial products.
Stages of development:
The development is completed. The documentation is prepared.
The method of computer modeling and analysis of continuous medium streams to improve combine harvesters’ efficiency in grain cleaning processes is under implementation in the ECAP "GSKB for grain and forage technology".
Forms of cooperation:
System developers provide its installation and adaptation to the conditions of the customer, training of its use, methodological and technical support and participation in the further development.
The distribution of the particle trajectories (left) of a three-component mixture of grain mass and current lines (right) in the system of cleaning the combine harvester KZS 1218
Distribution of the velocity modulus in the section (on the left) and the consumption characteristics of the fan of the cleaning system of the combine harvester КЗС 1218