EU4Digital: Connecting Research And Education Communities
Period of project implementation: July 01, 2020 – June 30, 2025
The ‘EU4Digital: Connecting Research and Education Communities (EaPConnect)’ project delivers digital infrastructure and solutions to the research and education communities in the Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine:
- establishing and operating a high-capacity broadband Internet network for research and education;
- integrating the national research and education networks with the pan-European GÉANT network, decreasing the digital divide;
- facilitating the participation of EaP scientists, students and academics in global R&E collaborations;
- deploying services that facilitate this global collaboration, and stimulating integration with GÉANT and other European e-infrastructure services;
- building knowledge, skills and community through workshops, training, mentorships, conferences and other events and initiatives.
EaPConnect works to ensure the long-term sustainability of its partners and its results, raising their visibility and showing their value through its communications, outreach and engagement activities. These activities include:
- developing marketing communications skills and contacts;
- participating in international events and working groups;
- outreach to potential users of our networks and services.
EaPConnect is managed by networking organization GÉANT in collaboration with the NRENs in the six partner countries.
EaPConnect is funded by the European Union within the EU4Digital
initiative, promoting key areas of the digital economy and
society, in line with EU norms and practices.