The Laboratory of Technical System Synthesis
The main scientific direction of the Laboratory of Technical System Synthesis (LTSS) is the investigation of information processes, which take place in development of irregular design, their modeling and algorithmization for CAD and CIM technologies developing.
- There are the following areas of research interests in the framework of main scientific direction:
- computer-aided synthesis of special production attachment;
- modeling and synthesis of combustion engines design;
- modeling of the functioning environment of the object to be designed;
- design process and situation modeling;
- recognition and processing of design situations;
- transformation of the 3D design description into a set of text and 2D graphic engineering documentation (assembly drawing, drawings and the list of parts etc.);
- engineering production processes modeling and development of integrated CAD-systems;
- artificial intelligence problems in design processes.
Applications where these tasks have been and are used:
- CAD systems for integrated design, production preparation of jigs and fixtures for drilling, turning, grinding, milling, gear and other machining operations;
- CAD for automated design of jigs, fixtures and equipment for assembly-welding processes;
- new design and models of internal combustion engines and machine drives.