United Institute of Informatics Problems (UIIP) is the leading organization in Belarus in fundamental and applied research on information technologies: CAD/CAM/CAE systems, applied mathematics, high performance parallel computing, bioinformatics and medical informatics, geoinformation systems, digital cartogragraphic systems, Space informatics, GRID-technologies. The Institute is the provider of scientific and educational Internet networks in Belarus. It takes part in state recommendations on information technologies implementation, scientific support of informatization processes, prognosis in related science and technology fields in Belarus, high skill specialists training.
The staff of the institute (on 31.12.2020) is over 334 persons including 155 research workers: 14 scientists with Dsc degree and over 58 – with PhD degree.
Main directions of research:
- Computer aided design/manufacturing/engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE)
- Processing and recognition of signals, images and speech
- Operations research and discrete optimization
- Decision making support systems
- Bio- and medical informatics
- Space and remote sensing data processing, geoinformation systems
- Supercomputer systems and applications, GRID-technologies
- Computer networks and telematics application
- Information protection
- Input-output of video information
- Information reference systems
Case Western Reserve scientist awarded American Lung Association
researcher Mehdi Alilou to use artificial intelligence to help predict response to lung cancer therapies
NAS of Belarus named the Top 10 results of scientists for 2020
Congratulations to our colleagues!
A new issue of the Informatika magazine has been published
Volume 17, No. 4 (October-December 2020), contents, link to the electronic version
EaPEC 2017 – 2nd Eastern Partnership E-infrastructure Conference
27-28 September, Minsk, Belarus